4.12.2011

My Cell Phone Hates Me

     I have this sort of love/hate relationship with my cell phone. I love it, and if anybody knows me, they know I will never ever be without it, seriously. For some reason, my cell phone doesn't feel the same way and will jump out of my hands in an attempt to commit suicide and yesterday, it succeeded (see below). I was devastated. Thus began my adventure to get a new one.
     I really wanted an iPhone, so I called my brother, an Apple employee. He attempted to help me but the price wasn't right. Then I called Sprint, to see if I could just use my insurance to get a new one, customer service said absolutely. I made him put that in his notes on my account (this was the smartest thing I could have done). The next day (today) I went to the Sprint store, with the hope of getting my phone fixed. The woman at the store told me my insurance didn't cover this and that I should call "retention" on the customer service line. I did this and he didn't understand why I called him and he sent me back to the sprint store to get my phone fixed at a cost of $35. Apparently the Sprint store doesn't fix screens anymore...who knew! So I proceeded to tell him that the man at customer service put a message in the notes that said I would not be charged for my screen replacement. This came in handy.
     The "retention" man then called my phone while at the store to see what they had done, at this point they had done nothing. He told the store manager they needed to replace my screen free of charge, and Clint, the store manager said they couldn't do it because they don't replace screens in store. Retention man then asked if they had any refurbished phones (I smiled really big at this point). Clint said no (my smile diminished). He hung up and said let me see what I can do. He informed me he would attempt to replace the screen. I assume this failed because ten minutes later he brought out a new (refurbished) Evo and transferred it into my name. Bless you Clint. Clint said it would cost me $35 and I told him that was totally fine. Retention man called me about two hours later and said they had credited my account $35. So, in the end I smashed my screen and without the "proper" insurance I left the store with a new phone, free of charge. Thank you retention man and thank you Clint.

2 comments:

  1. That shattered evo is a very sad picture :( But I am glad it worked out for you in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you were right, this was pretty funny

    ReplyDelete