10.26.2012

A New Adventure Begins....Nov 19

     Well, it looks as though my days in Utah are numbered. I have been here a long time, but finally decided to hit the big leagues and move out of this lovely state. It's not because I don't love Utah, because I do, but really it all started as something where I wanted to see what my options were.
   
     I got an email from my old boss at Edelman asking if I might be interested in applying for a position in the LA office. I thought, hey, why not, what could it hurt, I'm certainly not going to move but it would be fun to see if I could do it . I started the interview process and after 2 phone interviews and a Skype interview, I found myself sitting on an airplane flying to Los Angeles to interview with like a bazillion other people, taking writing exams and feeling so overwhelmed I didn't know what to do.

I took two photos while I was in Los Angeles. One at the airport, just to prove to myself that it wasn't a dream...and it's blurry, so this still all might be fake:


 And another at the Edelman Office in LA...this one isn't blurry so I think this is all real:


     As I flew back to Salt Lake City that same day, I thought...how odd. I was just in Utah this morning, then California, and now I am back in Utah. I drove home from the airport and got a call from the recruiter offering me a position with Edelman starting November 19. I asked to think it over, which I did.

     Now, I have loads of paperwork that I am signing and I am moving to California on November 17. Talk about overwhelming, but I am excited! (Also this photo was taken with Instagram so now I am a hipster. It's cool, no worries)


1 comment: